PitStop Fuels Privacy Statement
This Privacy Statement describes our privacy practices with respect to information we collect about our customers and visitors who browse our website, register to use our web site for products, services or information, and/or use our call center to request products or services.
COMMITMENT TO PRIVACY
PitStop Fuels knows that you care how information about you is used and shared. We respect your right to privacy. We want to make sure that you understand what information we collect about you, how we use it, and the safeguards we have in place in order to protect it. This Privacy Statement explains our policy regarding the collection, use, disclosure and protection of personal information.
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
The information we collect and retain about you depends upon your interaction with us.
- Information You Give Us. We collect personal identifiable information (such as your name, address, e-mail address, telephone number and driver’s license number) that you provide to us when you:
- Place an order
- Complete a credit application
- Register for a fuel purchase plan or service plan
- Participate in surveys or contests (information we collect may include demographic information, such as age and gender and number of household members)
- Communicate with us for any reason, such as replying to inquiries by mail, through our website, by telephone, through customer service or in person at one of our offices.
You may choose not to provide certain information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of many of the opportunities.
2. Automatic Information. When you interact with us, we may maintain a record of the following types of information:
- Your purchases
- Your instructions to us
- Your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address when you visit pitstopfuels.com.
3. Information from Third Parties. We may receive personal identifiable information from third parties as follows:
- Updated delivery and address information from our delivery services or other service providers and product suppliers who furnish various fulfillment and consulting services
- Information from our service providers who perform functions on our behalf (“DO WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION WITH THIRD PARTIES?” see below for examples of such service providers)
- Information from our product suppliers with whom we participate in joint promotional activities
- Demographic information (such as age and gender and number of household members), purchase preference information and mailing lists from our product suppliers and other third parties.
HOW DO WE USE YOUR INFORMATION?
The personal information we collect is generally used to process your requests and transactions, provide you with high quality service, tell you about opportunities we think will be of interest to you, customize your experience and understand your needs so that we may provide you with the most suitable products and services. For example, we may use your postal address, e-mail address or telephone number to:
- Provide customer support
- Advise you about PitStop Fuels products and services
- Process and fulfill your order and notify you of your order status
- Solicit your feedback about PitStop Fuels products and services
- Provide you with promotional information, which is information we believe will add value to your customer experience, such as coupons or promotions (“Promotional Material”)
- Notify winners of contests and award prizes
If you do not wish to receive Promotional Material from us, we make it easy for you to let us know. You can contact us at any time to indicate your marketing preferences
The purchase history that we collect is generally used to assist PitStop Fuels in selecting and offering products and services, which best suit your needs.
We strive to comply with prevailing industry standards regarding the use of your personal information.
DO WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION WITH THIRD PARTIES?
PitStop Fuels does not share your information with unaffiliated third parties. PitStop Fuels may share your personal identifiable information with third parties as set forth below. In such circumstances, we limit the information we provide to the information necessary to perform the function or provide the service for which it is shared. These third parties are not permitted to use the personal information, which is provided by us for any purposes other than as authorized by PitStop Fuels, and these third parties are required to keep the information confidential.
- Product Suppliers: PitStop Fuels may share your personally identifiable information with PitStop Fuels product suppliers when participating in joint promotional activities to advise you of upcoming offerings and promotions.
- Service Providers: PitStop Fuels may share your personally identifiable information with trusted service providers who may provide operational or other support services to you or who perform functions on our behalf. Examples include providers who fulfill orders, process payments, process rebates, distribute e-mails, conduct research or provide marketing assistance.
- Sweepstakes and Marketing Promotions: PitStop Fuels may share your personally identifiable information when we partner with another company to offer or provide products, services, contests or promotions. In this case, we and the other company may cross-reference our customer databases to identify common customers. Additionally, such information may be shared with the other company to notify winners or to fulfill promotional obligations.
- Other Disclosures: PitStop Fuels may share your personally identifiable information if PitStop Fuels believes in good faith that such disclosure is:
- Authorized by law or necessary to comply with legal process
- In response to legal claims
- Necessary to protect personal safety, property or other rights of PitStop Fuels
- An integral part of a sale of all or part of our business.
- We may share aggregated demographic information and/or customer profile data with our business partners, advertisers and others. This is not linked to any personal information that can identify any individual person.
WHAT CHOICES DO I HAVE REGARDING THE USE OF MY INFORMATION?
We want to communicate with you only if you want to hear from us. We give you the opportunity to opt-out of receiving certain information from PitStop Fuels. If you do not want to receive Promotional Material from us you can:
- Call our Customer Service group at 207-892-2627 any day during normal business hours
- Write us at the following address: PitStop Fuels, 125 Ossipee Trail East Standish, ME 04084
Please be advised that your opt-out election will apply to all forms of communications from us, except that you will continue to receive communications regarding deliveries, account statements, account or service status and product safety.
HOW DO I ACCESS MY INFORMATION?
You may update, review or correct your account information, including your marketing preferences at any time by:
- Calling Customer Service at 207-892-2627 during normal business hours
- Writing us at the following address: PitStop Fuels, 125 Ossipee Trail East Standish, ME 04084
Please note that many promotions and postal mailing lists are prepared well in advance, so you may continue to receive some communications after you elect to opt-out. We appreciate your patience in giving us time to carry out your request.
IS MY INFORMATION SECURE?
PitStop Fuels is committed to maintaining the security of information under our control. To try to prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure correct use of information, we have put in place the appropriate physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect.
We encourage parents to take an active interest in their children’s use of the Internet. PitStop Fuels is not targeted to children younger than 18. PitStop Fuels does not knowingly collect or store information of children younger than 18. Visitors to PitStop Fuels Sites who are under the age of 18 may use these sites only with the supervision and consent of a parent or guardian. None of the products or services available through PitStop Fuels may be purchased by anyone under 18 years of age.